MVA Meeting Minutes – January 14th, 2013
- Made mention of the upcoming race committee meeting on January 18th
o Soliciting feedback on the past seasons’ racing, as well as new ideas for the coming season
- Guy Tucker was elected as President of the Marymoor Velodrome Association by unanimous decision
- Matt Herz was elected as Vice-President of the Marymoor Velodrome Association by unanimous decision
- Kristian Miller was elected as Secretary of the Marymoor Velodrome Association by unanimous decision
- The boards duties were outlined so as to follow the formula of last year
o A three committee system is to be used. Committees will focus on finance, race planning, and development, respectively.
- Finance committee responsibilities will be the focus of Lane DeCamp, Kristian, and Amy Jors
- Development committee responsibilities will be the focus of Annette Williams and Amara Edwards
- Race committee responsibilities will be the focus of Matt Herz and Josh Simpon
o The committee will focus on race day operations and scheduling, as well as larger events (Masters Nationals, Marymoor Grand Prix, etc)
- Responsibilities for the larger racing events were discussed, but no concrete plans were made.
- The possibility of splitting the sponsorship development and rider development roles of the Development Committee was discussed, with no resolution being arrived at.
o Classes may potentially fall under the purview of the race committee
- Google Docs will now be the general repository of meeting notes and other documents.
- A volunteer coordinator will be needed for the coming season. The Development Committee will especially benefit from this resource early on in the season.
- The structure of the Adult Classes & Clinics was discussed.
o Clinics may be moved to weekends so as to better meet demand
§ The potential conflict with rider training time was raised, and will be addressed in future.
o The possibility of dedicated beginner track time was also discussed.
o There will be 12-13 adult classes in the coming season, Amara has gone about scheduling these while adding rain-dates for flexibility.
- Thursday races will be moving from competitive to non-competitive events so as to retain insurance while reducing costs.
o This will not have any effect on the upgrade trajectory of Cat 5’s as it currently stands.
Roller Race Series
- Groundwork has been laid by Amara and Christina, hoping to lay more of a foundation for year-round track community
- Series will involve three races in February/March/April
o There will be an additional, stand-alone, Women in Cycling event
- Potential thoughts around a team prize were discussed
- An auction is still up in the air, it will be decided upon at the next Finance Committee meeting
- Amy will be forwarding along balance sheets for committee members review
- The committee will also set fundraising goals for replacing the MVA rental fleet
- Amy will also be moving ahead with a budget, and a record of professional conduct drafting.